The Central Florida Regional Planning Council’s (CFRPC) primary mission is to provide support to the citizens and counties of our region and to seek ways to improve the quality of life of the citizens of the Heartland.
Polk County Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS)
The required 5-year review and update of the Polk County Multi-Jurisdictional Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS) is underway. Please visit the Polk County LMS Website for additional information.
Highlands County Parks & Recreation
The County-wide Open Space Parks and Recreation Master Plan will be a detailed planning guide that is specifically focused on the future of parks and recreation in Highlands County. Read more on our Highlands County Parks & Recreation Website.
A development of regional impact (DRI) is a large-scale development which affects more than one county; sometimes many jurisdictions… Learn more
Heartland 2060 is about a region working together so that we and future generations may have the opportunity to live our values in a world that is constantly changing. Read more on the Heartland 2060 Website.
Avon Park Air Force Range JLUS
Currently, with support from the Department of Defense/Office of Economic Adjustment and from Enterprise Florida, Inc., CFRPC is responsible for leadership, coordination, and management of implementation activities regarding the Joint Land Use Study.
Heartland Rural Mobility Plan
The HRMP is designed to be a comprehensive multi-jurisdictional planning effort that identifies goals and objectives to serve as the guide for the development and evaluation of mobility options for the region… Read more
- (July 1, 2015) – The Heartland Regional Transportation Planning Organization (HRTPO) serving DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands and Okeechobee Counties is seeking public comment on a draft Public Participation Plan for a period of 45 … Read more
- The Heartland Regional Transportation Planning Organization (HRTPO) serving DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands and Okeechobee Counties is pleased to present the draft Public Participation Plan for a public comment period. The 45 day comment period … Read more
- Open Position: Finance Director Deadline to Apply: Friday, July 10, 2015 The CFRPC’s primary mission is to provide support to the citizens and counties in our 5-county region and seek ways to improve the quality … Read more
- These workshops are being hosted by the Department to explore with our planning partners how Complete Streets can be successfully planned, designed, and implemented. You may attend either one of the two workshops. Each session will … Read more
- The Central Florida Regional Planning Council (CFRPC) received 2 awards last week at the Florida Planning and Zoning Association (FPZA) Annual State Conference in Bradenton, Florida. 2015 Grassroots Initiative Heartland 2060 – Building a Resilient … Read more