The Central Florida Regional Planning Council’s (CFRPC) primary mission is to provide support to the citizens and counties of our region and to seek ways to improve the quality of life of the citizens of the Heartland.
Polk County Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS)
The required 5-year review and update of the Polk County Multi-Jurisdictional Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS) is underway. Please visit the Polk County LMS Website for additional information.
Highlands County Parks & Recreation
The County-wide Open Space Parks and Recreation Master Plan will be a detailed planning guide that is specifically focused on the future of parks and recreation in Highlands County. Read more on our Highlands County Parks & Recreation Website.
A development of regional impact (DRI) is a large-scale development which affects more than one county; sometimes many jurisdictions… Learn more
Heartland 2060 is about a region working together so that we and future generations may have the opportunity to live our values in a world that is constantly changing. Read more on the Heartland 2060 Website.
Avon Park Air Force Range JLUS
Currently, with support from the Department of Defense/Office of Economic Adjustment and from Enterprise Florida, Inc., CFRPC is responsible for leadership, coordination, and management of implementation activities regarding the Joint Land Use Study.
Heartland Rural Mobility Plan
The HRMP is designed to be a comprehensive multi-jurisdictional planning effort that identifies goals and objectives to serve as the guide for the development and evaluation of mobility options for the region… Read more
- The Heartland Regional Transportation Planning Organization (HRTPO) will NOT conduct a meeting on July 29, 2015. The next meeting will be held on August 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. in Sebring at the Highlands County … Read more
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Solicits Recreation Development Assistance Program Grant Applications FRDAP is a state-competitive grant program that provides financial assistance to local governmental entities for the development or acquisition of land for public … Read more
- Bartow, FL (July 21, 2015) – The Central Florida Regional Planning Council (CFRPC), along with partner planning councils Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council and Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council received the Major Metro Achievement Award … Read more
- A copy of the Draft Highlands County Parks and Recreation Master Plan is now available! View the Highlands County Draft Parks & Rec Master Plan For additional information on the Community Workshops and the Highlands … Read more
- (July 1, 2015) – The Heartland Regional Transportation Planning Organization (HRTPO) serving DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands and Okeechobee Counties is seeking public comment on a draft Public Participation Plan for a period of 45 … Read more