Proposed Southeast Connection Pipeline
Information about the proposed Florida Southeast Connection pipeline can be found at www.floridasoutheastconnection.com/.
Through the IC&R process, the Council reviews applications for federal assistance grants and projects, programs and documents under the National Environmental Policy Act. State Executive Order 83-150 designated Florida’s eleven Regional Planning Councils as “regional clearinghouses”, giving the Regional Planning Council’s responsibility for reviewing such projects and determining each project’s significance. Applications are reviewed by Council staff and appropriate comments provided to the permitting agency. In cases where significant problems are identified, the issue will be presented to the Council for formal action.
Types of Applications Reviewed/Processed
The following types of proposals are routinely processed as part of the Regional Planning Council’s IC&R Program:
- Environmental Resource Permits from the Southwest Florida Water Management District and South Florida Water Management District;
- Dredge & Fill Permit Applications from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection;
- Federal Consistency Projects from the Florida State Clearinghouse;
- Federal Grant applications submitted on behalf of non-profit organizations and/or local governments;
- Transportation Improvements Programs & Unified Planning Work Programs submitted by the Polk Transportation Planning Organizations; and
- Ten-Year Site Plans for the power companies serving portions of the Central Florida Region.
Regionally Significant Review Criteria
CFRPC staff independently evaluates each proposal which has been determined to be “regionally significant” for consistency with the Strategic Regional Policy