Ensuring the availability of efficient, cost-effective, and quality transportation services for transportation disadvantaged persons
- Hardee, Highlands, and Okeechobee Local Coordinating Board
- DeSoto County Local Coordinating Board
- Polk County TD Program
The Transportation Disadvantaged Program is a coordinated system in all 67 Florida counties that provides vital transportation to medical appointments, employment, educational and other life sustaining services for those who cannot obtain their own transportation due to a disability, age, or income for an affordable co-pay.
In DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, and Okeechobee Counties:
Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged
The Florida Legislature created the Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (CTD) in 1989. The Commission sets policies and provides direction to its staff in the areas of quality assurance and program evaluation, technical assistance and training, review of policies and procedures, contract management and financial accountability. The Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged administers the Transportation Disadvantaged Trust Fund and implements all provisions in Chapter 427.013 F.S.
Designated Official Planning Agency
The CFRPC is the designated official planning agency for the Transportation Disadvantaged Program in the 3-county service area of Hardee, Highlands, and Okeechobee counties and also in the independant county of Desoto, and operates at the local level to provide staff to the Local Coordinating Board, procures and recommends a Community Transportation Coordinator to the Commission, and coordinates and conducts transportation planning at the local level.
- 2016 Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan for Hardee, Highlands, Okeechobee Counties
- 2017 Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan for DeSoto County
- Meeting information and documents for the Hardee, Highlands, and Okeechobee Local Coordinating Board
- Meeting information and documents for the DeSoto County Local Coordinating Board
- MV Transportation Eligibility Application (all counties): English | Spanish
Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC)
Provides/Coordinates Transportaion to Citizens
The Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) coordinates and provides the transportation services to individuals that are transportation disadvantaged either directly or through contracts with other service providers.
Requesting a Ride
The Community Transportation Coordinator for the 3-county service area of Hardee, Highlands, and Okeechobee is MV Transportation Inc. MV is also the Community Transportation Coordinator for DeSoto County. MV coordinates Door-to-Door service to those that qualify.
In order to qualify for Transportation Disadvantaged services, a person must:
- Live in DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, or Okeechobee County
- Not be able to obtain their own transportation due to a disability, age, or income
- Not be able to get a ride from household members or others for life-sustaining trips (medical, grocery, work, job-related training/education, and other vital services)
- Complete the eligibility process with MV Transportation
Your MV Transportation reservationist will tell you the cost of your trip when your reservation is made, as fees (co-pays) vary depending on the program which you qualify for.
Call Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
- (800) 694-6566 in DeSoto County
- (863) 773-0015 in Hardee County
- (863) 452-0139 in Avon Park
- (863) 382-0139 in Sebring
- (863) 699-0995 in Lake Placid
- (863) 357-9900 in Okeechobee County
- (800) 260-0139 From Other Areas
For additional information regarding program service eligibility, contact Kelly Kirk Brooks, General Manager, at (863) 382 6004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida’s Transportation Disadvantaged Voluntary Dollar Program
Florida citizens who register their vehicles or renew their registrations may voluntarily contribute additional funds to be used to offer more rides to people who use coordinated transportation. Just check the box and $1 or more to the Transportation Disadvantaged Voluntary Trust Fund when you register or renew the tag on your car, truck, or boat. 100% of all donations go to assist people in your community.
For information on becoming a board member, grievance procedures, long-range planning, meeting dates, and other program areas, please contact:
(863) 534-7130 ext. 128 or email@example.com
Hardee, Highlands and Okeechobee County
Kenneth Harley, Program Manager
(863) 534-7130 ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org